We recently shared a list of the most popular home floor plans Madison Homebuilders offers. In this post we want to share the most popular upgrade options that customers include in their custom homes. We also want to highlight a number of the standard features that every Madison Homebuilders home includes at no extra charge.
One of the most popular upgrades that customers choose is hardwood flooring. Hardwood floors are timeless, easy to clean and maintain, and increase the value of your home. Hardwood floors are far more durable, longer lasting, and stain resistant than carpet. If you ever grow tired of the color, it is possible to sand the floors down to the raw wood and refinish them. Most customers choose to install hardwood flooring in high-traffic areas such as entryways, living rooms, family rooms and kitchens.
Porcelain Tile Floors and Showers in Bathrooms
Similar to hardwood floors, most customers choose to install porcelain tile floors and showers in their bathrooms. Porcelain tile is extremely durable, easy to clean, and non-porous, which means it does not absorb water or stains. Porcelain tile is available in many different colors and styles, so no matter your personal taste there is a porcelain tile that will fit in your home’s design.
Believe it or not, granite countertops actually add value to your home. Granite is one of the best choices for countertops because it is not easily scratched and it is heat resistant. You can place a hot pot or pan on the surface without a trivet. Granite is a natural stone, which means it is porous. You’ll occasionally have to reseal it to maintain its stain resistance and anti-germ features. No two pieces of granite are similar, and the natural veining that occurs throughout the stone is a part of its natural beauty.
Winters can get chilly in North and South Carolina, and that’s why adding a fireplace into a family or living room is such a popular upgrade option. Many of our floor plans allow for fireplaces to be placed along a wall or in the corner of a room. Fireplaces are also a great way to cut down on your heating bill during the cold, winter months.
Adding Customized Square Footage
Finally, one of the most popular upgrades for our custom homes is adding customized square footage. Every floor plan we offer can easily be modified to add additional rooms or square footage to existing rooms. Once you pick your favorite floor plan, our designers will work with you to make any desired changes to make the home your perfectly sized dream home.
We’re constantly working to include more value in the custom homes we build. We have an extensive list of standard features that we include in every floor plan at no extra charge. Most other builders count these features as upgrades and charge you for them. These features include:
- Architectural shingles – Architectural shingles are better looking, longer lasting shingles that are more durable against the elements.
- Stainless steel appliances – Stainless steel is aesthetically pleasing, easy to maintain, and has a longer lasting finish when compared to other kitchen appliance finishes. Since stainless steel is non-porous it does not absorb germs, which makes it the ideal finish for kitchens.
- Crown moulding on kitchen cabinets – Adding crown moulding to the tops of your upper kitchen cabinets is a great way to add an extra visual appeal to your kitchen.
- Cable jacks and ceiling fan preps – We include jacks for cable television and prepares ceilings for ceiling fans should you choose to include a fan in a room later on down the road.
- Satin nickel & oil rubbed bronze lights and hardware – Upgraded hardware adds a luxurious finishing touch to your home. And since we’re picking up the tab, there’s no reason not to.
Building a custom home with Madison Homebuilders is an opportunity to create a home that is uniquely yours from the ground up. Between our 30+ available floor plans, extensive list of standard features, and nearly limitless customization options, we know we can build the dream home you’ve always wanted in North or South Carolina. Contact us today to learn more or to get started with the design process!